Thursday, April 10, 2014

[US] - "Why Do I Have Two Daddies?" by Frank Lowe



"Why do I have two daddies" or "two mommies" is an inevitable question that children of gay parents will ask. See how our parenting writer, Frank Lowe, approaches this issue to try to make it no big deal at all.

One of the things I love most about children is the fact that they are born free of any prejudice. Kids only gain prejudice because of their parents or other outside influences. I take pride in knowing that my son will be as prejudice-free as possible, and we have him enrolled in an incredibly diverse school. One thing kids do, though, is notice differences. They are incredibly sharp at discovering them and pointing them out. In fact, my son was only 3 years old when he bluntly asked us at lunch one day, “Why do I have two daddies?”

Read More at the Advocate

No comments: