Friday, April 25, 2014

[USA] 'Gay Parenting' Is Just Parenting by Frank Lowe

"One of the things that drives me crazy is the distinction we gay people insist on having. Lighten up, everybody — no need to make everything about you. Especially when it comes to raising a child.

Before I dive into what the title of this story means, let me just say, I am a proud gay man. I actually love being gay, and if I had the ability to change things, I would not. This does not mean that I love being a gay stereotype (I’m not), but rather that I love being a man who is intimate with another man. Wouldn’t give it up for the world.

However, I don’t shove my sexuality down anyone’s throat. I don’t think it’s right, and I don’t consider myself as someone who uses “gay” as my identity. I started my Twitter account “@GayAtHomeDad” to mock the whole damn thing. Most people don’t realize that, but I’m actually a gay guy making fun of gay guys. Not exactly original, but it’s what I do best. Honey, if we can’t laugh at ourselves, how the hell are we gonna laugh at someone else? Can I get an amen?"

Read More at the Advocate

No comments: