Friday, February 15, 2013

[Australia] - "Everybody's welcome here, Love!" - Jacqui Tomlins investigates Primary Schools and Gay and Lesbian parented families.


One of my favourite bloggers is Jacqui Tomlins.  A powerhouse of ideas, energy and passion when it comes to GLBTI families.  She recently called me to ask me a few question about how we went about selecting a school for Ethan.  Have a read her article entitled "Everybody's welcome here, Love!".

[Source: JT Blog]

‘We asked the same question each time, Jason explains: Have you had other same-sex families through you school? One Principal was clearly uncomfortable with the question and said, Oh I don’t really know what I’m allowed to say about that. The next one was fine. I don’t think we have, he said, but it really doesn’t matter.’

‘While we were looking we bumped into some friends who had enrolled their daughter at one of the other schools on our list, Brunswick East, so we checked that out too. I spoke to the woman in the office and her response really impressed me. She said: We have men. We have women. We love everybody. Come here!  The Principal endorsed this: he basically said: ‘No one gives a s**t!’ We enrolled.’

Read the rest at JT's Blog.

[Source: JT Blog]

No comments: